Buying ground and mincemeat from the supermarket could be quite risky as it is quite difficult to know what actually you are getting. Store ground meat could vary considerably in terms of the cut, texture and fat content. On the other hand, if you grind the meat yourself, you are able to control these things. Using a food processor, you can grind the specific type of meat according to your needs. Whether be it beef, mutton, pork, poultry, and even seafood and fish; your food processor can help you with processing it according to your needs.
A food processor can also thinly slice the meat which could be quite tricky without a sharp knife or a commercial meat slicer and proper skills. This also allows you to make all sorts of dishes yourself in your kitchen which otherwise have been believed to be made by professionals only. So, just take out your food processor and have your meat processed at your fingertips.
In order to use the food processor for grinding meat, you can use the following hacks:
- Put the meat in the freezer beforehand and partially freeze it. This makes sure that the resulting meat is not pulverized but chopped.
- If you want to make burger patties for shrimp burgers, turkey burgers, etc, you can first grind some of the main ingredients to form a paste and then using this paste, you can bind the rest of the dish. The remaining items would be ground to provide a chunkier texture while the paste would enable it to stick together.
- According to each recipe, you can mix more than a single cut of meat to entice exactly the right combination of fat and flavor. Detailed information on the best food processors, can be found here and you may also want to read reviews for the top rated food processors.
- While slicing meat in the food processor; even, clean cuts could be achieved through applying enough pressure for pushing the meat in the feeding tube.
- You can add baking soda to the ground meat to make it moist and tender while cooking. Soda enhances the meat’s pH which makes bonding difficult for the proteins.
- For home ground meat, use less panade as it would already be more tender as compared to the store-ground meat.
Juices are great source of strength and energy; they are jammed with different types of nutrients and minerals. They have vitamins, iron, enzymes, carbohydrates etc. Juices are helpful in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. All these benefits are only available in fresh and pure juices, store bought juices have preservatives that destroy many of the minerals present in the juice. The best way to ensure the purity and hygiene of these juices is by preparing them yourself. It may seem difficult but its not. You can prepare them at home very easily with the help of a juicer. There are two types of juicer, from which you can prepare juices. The most common type is a cold pressed juicer and the other one is centrifugal juicer. There are many reasons why cold press juicers are so famous, some of those reasons we will discuss today.
The main reason why cold pressed juicers are famous is that they can extract juice with the help of two techniques; first, they shred the fruit or vegetable with the help of slow spinning blade and then apply high pressure with the help of hydraulic press, so that maximum juice is extracted. While on the other hand centrifugal juicers uses only one method to extract the juice from fruit or vegetables, which is by shredding them with a high-speed spinning blade. That is why, with cold press juicer you obtain more pure and nutritious juice. That is also the reason why a cold press juicer are preferred for green vegetables and for extraction of milks from the nuts.You can even compare the waste of these two juicers, cold press juicer waste would be drier, proving that they have extracted almost all the juice. Make sure not to throw out this waste as it can be used for composting.
The other main reason why cold press juicers are preferred is that none of the nutrients and enzymes is lost. As we all know, centrifugal juicer uses a high spinning metal blade to shred fruits and vegetables but due to high speed, a lot of heat is produced that heat destroys many enzymes resulting less nutritious juice. While if we look at cold press juicer it does not produces any heat so that juice remains one hundred percent pure.
The consistency and richness of a cold press juicer cannot be compared; they are filled with flavor and nutrients. They are a healthy option for a healthy diet.
There many benefits of cold press juice proven, it will help us to maintain a healthy diet as due to our busy schedule most of the time we end up eating fast food this cause deficiency of nutrients in our body that can be restored with the help of these juices. You can prepare them at weekends and then can us them for the rest of the week.
These were the reasons why cold press juicers are so popular. If you are cautious about your health, then buy on of these and start a healthy routine.